Tenets of the Church
October is a great time to stop by the Kempton New Church. Every weekend this month our “Autumn Weekends” booth will be open for good food and company – on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. You are welcome to join us on Sunday at 10:00 A.M. for church, too.
Here are some of the main teachings of the New Church:
- There is one God, the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, in whom is the Divine trinity.
- To believe in God is to believe His Word and to live according to it.
- To shun evils as sins according to the Ten Commandments is the Christian religion itself.
- The Lord’s Word contains a symbolic spiritual meaning that applies to all people in all times.
- The second coming of the Lord is the revelation of this spiritual meaning in the Word. It especially provides a new understanding of the Lord so that we can know Him, follow Him, and love Him.
- There is a heaven and a hell and a life after death.
- After death a person lives in a complete human form.
- Our life on earth is preparation for a life of eternal usefulness in heaven.
- Marriage from creation is between one man and one woman, and people who are in true married love look to eternity in their marriage because eternity is in that love. “What God has joined together, let not man put asunder.” (Matt. 19:6)
- Since the Lord desires the salvation of all, He has provided that everyone, if he lives well, may have a place in heaven.
You can learn more at www.KemptonNewChurch.org, and if you would like to give me a call (number is on the Contact page), I would love the chance to discuss the New Church with you: it has brought many people great happiness.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Rev. Brett D. Buick