Kempton New Church is at the western end of the Lehigh Valley, about a half an hour west of Allentown and 45 minutes north of Reading, about 90 minutes northwest of Philadelphia and two hours southwest of New York. We are in rural, dairy farming country, about 10 minutes east of Hawk Mountain Sanctuary.
583 Hawk Mountain Road
Kempton, PA 19529
Directions from Philadelphia:
- Take the NE Extension to Exit 56, Lehigh Valley. (There's a rest stop just before the exit. Don't miss this exit, or you'll have to drive an extra 30 miles to and from the next exit.)
- After the toll (about $4.50), take US 22 / I-78 West toward Harrisburg.
- Take 22/78 past Fogelsville and then past New Smithville to the Krumsville exit, PA 737 (15 miles?).
- At the end of the ramp, turn right (north) on PA 737. Go through Krumsville and continue on through the little town of Stony Run and on into Kempton (5 miles?).
- In Kempton, you come to an intersection where 737 turns left and goes across some tracks: turn left. Go past Albright's Mill on the right, over a little bridge, on past the post office, to a T.
- Turn Left at the T, onto PA 143 South. Go about half a mile, past the fire house on the left to the next intersection notice the Sunoco gas station on the left at that intersection.
- Turn Right onto Hawk Mountain Road. The church is about two miles ahead on this road.
- Go past Wieder Road; take the left fork instead.
- Go past Gun Club Road (on the left).
- Go on about a mile and past New Bethel Church Road to the right.
- Go past Pine Creek Road to the left.
- From Pine Creek Road it is half a mile to the church.
- Go over a rise between a farm house and buildings, and down to the church driveway.
- The church driveway is on the right, just past a white house and a red barn. Welcome!
Going home, the only thing to watch out for is when you are on US 22 / I-78 heading East toward Allentown. The highway splits: US 22 goes to the Right and I-78 goes to the left. You must go to the Right, on US 22, to get to the PA Turnpike. (The Turnpike is the second exit after the highway splits.)
Click here for a printer-friendly version.
Directions from Elsewhere:
Click here to get directions using MapQuest.com
Or feel free to call or email to ask for directions. Click here for contact information.