“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone according to his work.” - Revelation 22:12
|Kempton New Church|
Isaiah 60:14 (continued). “and they shall call thee, The City of Jehovah, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.”
For the children from Luke 1
26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
27. to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the name of the virgin [was] Mary.
28. And the angel coming in to her said, Hail, [thou] who art graced! The Lord [is] with thee; blessed [art] thou among women.
29. But when she saw [him] she was disturbed by his word, and reasoned [within herself] what manner of greeting this was.
30. And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary; for thou hast found grace with God.
31. And behold, thou shalt conceive in [thy] womb, and shalt bring forth a Son, and shalt call His name Jesus.
32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest, and the Lord God shall give to Him the throne of His father David.
33. And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there shall be no end.
34. But Mary said to the angel, How shall this be, since I know not a man?
35. And the angel answering said to her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee; therefore also that which shall be born of thee Holy shall be called the Son of God.
36. And behold, thy kinswoman Elizabeth, she has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
37. For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Readings from the Heavenly Doctrine
Lord 40. By "the Holy One of Israel" is meant the Lord as to the Divine Human; for the angel Gabriel said to Mary, "That which shall be born of thee Holy shall be called the Son of God" (Luke 1:35). That Jehovah and the Holy One of Israel, although distinctively mentioned, are one and the same, is evident from the passages here quoted, in which it is said that Jehovah is that Holy One of Israel.
AE 852:3. From this it is evident that the Lord from conception is Jehovah God; and to be Jehovah God from conception is to be so as to the life itself, which is called the soul from the Father, from which the body has life. From this it is clearly evident that it is the Lord’s Human that is called the Son of God, for it is said "that which shall be born of thee Holy shall be called the Son of God."
TCR 188:7. Those sitting on the seats [at the council of the clergy called together in the spiritual world] unanimously concluded that the Holy Spirit is not a person by itself, nor thus a God by itself, but is the Holy Divine going out of and forth from the one only and omnipresent God, who is the Lord.
At this the angels who stood near the golden table upon which was the Word said, "It is well. Nowhere does one read in the Old Covenant [or Testament] that the prophets spoke the Word from the Holy Spirit, but from Jehovah; and in the new Covenant wherever the Holy Spirit is mentioned it means the Divine going forth, which is the Divine enlightening, teaching, vivifying, reforming, and regenerating."
|© 2020 Kempton New Church|